The Historical Society of East Pennsboro currently offers two $1,000 scholarships in memory of Herb Kruger, founder of the HSEP.
- To be eligible, a member who has been a HSEP member for at least one year, may sponsor an application for their child, grandchild, nephew, niece, brother, sister, or themselves.
- Student must attend a two or four-year college. In August, the check will be made payable to both the college and the selected student. Should the recipient decide not to attend college, the award will not be given.
- For recognition, attendance at HSEP’s annual Spring Dinner in April is required.
- Must be a high school senior and submit an essay of 200 words describing why you should be awarded the scholarship.
- Submit a transcript and at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher/counselor.
To apply, download the application and mail all required documents to the Historical Society by March 31, 2018. The application period for 2019 will reopen on January 1, 2019.